Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Ex-ex-ex gay fun!

I've met "gays." I've met "ex-gays." And I've met "ex-ex-gays." But I have never met and "ex-ex-ex gay." In other words, I've never met anyone out there who left a specifically ex-gay position (ex-gay ministry participant, counseling, reparative therapy, etc.) to come out of the closet and then later went back the ex-gay life. But if you have, I'd like to hear about it.

I'm not talking about people in ex-gay ministries who have sex with other gay people in weak moments (or "fall" as they might say). I'm more interested in talking with gay people who decided they didn't want to be gay and tried ex-gay ministries and then decided they didn't believe the claims of ex-gay ministries were true or for them and decided their same-sex attraction was natural and good. And THEN went back to their position of supporting and pursuing the goals of ex-gay ministries.

Believe me, I'm trying not to be confusing!

If anyone knows of somone who fits this description, send them over and let's chat!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
Your request caught my attention when I actually googled ex-ex-ex gay.
And here I am!
Actually I took part in an ex-gay program since I was about 14.
I decided to leave this program (and my church) last year and make my homosexual preference known in public. -For this reason I had to leave the Bible seminary I attended back then.
However, I am not planning to live as a gay man. Since Sunday I got a girlfriend (she is not my first girlfriend, but this time it seems more serious than with my last girlfriend).
So actually I am not connected to any ex-gay group and I do not support them politically or religiously, but nevertheless I live as an ex-gay (ex-ex-ex gay)...

4:18 PM  
Blogger Troy said...

Good to hear from you anon. Do you mind sharing why you've chosen to date women even though you are attracted to men? Are you attracted to women as well? How does she handle the fact that you are attracted to men?

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home