Thursday, June 30, 2005

What Do You Want?

My friend Jennie at TrimandFashionable had the idea of asking people for lists of favorite kind of gifts they like to receive. In addition to being fun, it could be really helpful for me to have such a list from my friends and family, so I would love to have them. Even if I don't know you, you're still welcome to post your list. You may inspire other gift givers.

Here's mine:

1. Cotton table linens, napkins, placemats, and/or table cloths. Fancy or plain.

2. I love stationary, especially nice plain cotton paper. Foil lined envelopes are extra nice. No pictures, maybe a monogram, though I've always been a little too shy to buy monogrammed anything for myself.

3. Interesting postage stamps. I admit to color coordinating stamps with my stationary when possible.

4. Fresh flowers. I never get them. I think people have a thing about buying guys flowers.

5. Booze. I like good scotch, bourbon, and gin. I don't drink often, but I'm still just Southern Baptist enough not to want to spend money on alcohol.

6. Crisp cotton bed linens.

7. MAC accessories. John keeps me pretty well stocked in these.

8. Good olive oil. Can't ever have enough.

9. Fruit baskets from Harry and David especially at Christmas time (Alternative: any fruit basket with crinkly celophane wrapping). I like healthy, consumable gifts that I don't have to find a place for later.

10. "Caldrea" home cleaning products--any of them, dishwashing liquid, spray cleaner, doesn't matter and any of the fragrances will do (I am partial to Green Tea Patchouli though).

11. Good cheese.

12. Recipes that mean something to the giver. Doesn't have to be gourmet. I have a congealed cherry salad recipe in my collection that I love! Rev. Mike, your mom's hushpuppy recipe would definately be on my wanted list.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm certainly glad I looked at the list on YOUR blog - You added a couple!
Glad you liked the idea. I love making lists - I especially love crossing things off lists, but it's hard to do on the blog.
:)

6:24 AM  
Blogger Troy said...

Don't be surprised if I add a few more!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I received my first Apple product over the July 4th holiday as a gift from J, and I am SO sold on MAC now. Love my iPod.
:)

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home