Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Gettin' the Party Started


.

My folks came up for the weekend after Thanksgiving. We celebrated Christmas with them since John and I won't be going to AR this year. I did my best to get the decorations up. The buffet is still in process. Right now it looks like Willy Wonka exploded all over it .



John's mom and Jim and John's brother and sister-in-law and their girls came over for dinner Sunday. Later we walked around Monument Circle downtown. This is John's mom (left) and my mom (right) outside the Indiana Power and Light building. I'm trying to figure out how to get this many lights on our tree. I think I might have to forego the tree part.




In the middle of the Circle is a dignified war memorial that permits itself to be decorated with lights every year. I'd never noticed these iron bears on the light posts that surround the monument, but I love them. I think they are supposed to be like Egyptian caryatids, which are usually women. I don't know if the bears are supposed to be funny, but they made me smile.




I think this picture of our niece Amelia and Linda (aka Yaya) is so cute. Check out Amelia's snow leopard coat (not real leopard in case PETA is reading this). You can tell Amelia is crazy about her Yaya.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the color on the buffet!

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home