Thursday, February 02, 2006

My mom, Aunt Judy, and Uncle Troy

Yes, my family is a bunch of hillbillies and we have the dogs to prove it.

I love this picture. My mom is on the left. She's always been quite fashion forward. Notice the Shirley Temple hair style. She's looks shy in this picture, but she isn't in real life. She may have been a little scared of Bill, one of my grandad's bird dogs.

The self-possesed little girl with the hand on her hip is my Aunt Judy. Uncle Troy is holding the dogs. He passed away when he was 10 after a long battle with a weak heart.

My grandfather kept all of Uncle Troy's things in the bottom drawer of his dresser after he died, but even when he was much older he couldn't look at them because it made him too sad.

When my grandfather passed on a few years back, my mom and Aunt Judy went through this drawer and found one of Troy's theme books from school. In it he had written that his best friend was Larry Haile. My mom and Aunt Judy started crying because that is who my Aunt Judy has been married to for over 40 years.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Troy,
This story is very touching. I really enjoyed it and esp. the photograh. Thanks for sharing.
David

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Troy,
That story gave me chills. Thanks for sharing.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Troy,
Abby is home sick today & staying at Mom's house. I went by at lunch & she was reading Uncle Troy's school workbook. If you haven't read it, you need to when you come back to Arkansas - very sweet!
Love ya!

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home