Sunday, October 08, 2006

Duane's Fall Food


Duane sent me a recent Fall Food pic in response to an earlier post. I love food pictures. I'm glad Duane sent one because I lost our camera in San Francisco a few months back and haven't been able to post pictures since. John and I started checking out new cameras at Costco today.



Message from Duane:

I read your post on food, but couldn't post a pic...Fall just gets my appetite roaring! (I am convinced we still have the hibernation gene active in our modern, sedentary bodies.)

Daniel and Mari helped me make Daddy a surprise while he was mowing the lawn this afternoon.


I've had Duane's pies before. I'm sure Todd enjoyed his surprise. I would so love it if my "lunch" was a perfect lattice-crusted pie.


3 Comments:

Anonymous jennie said...

I can't get over how perfect that pie looks! Unbelievable job, Duane. Too bad you don't ship to Arkansas.

12:58 PM  
Blogger potterdad said...

Jennie,

You'll have to come on up for a serving. I'd make a special pie just for you;)

The thing I love about fall cooking is all the harvest inspiration. Mari and I had just gone a field trip to the "pumpkin patch" so the pumpkin pie was her idea. And both of the kids helped pick apples from one of our trees for the apple pie, as well as helping measure the ingredients and so forth. Cooking is a great family activity, as you all already know.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous David said...

Duane,
I j'adore your Fall food photo. Troy, thanks for bringing it to us via your ever-wonderful blog.
Y'all look forward to my cake with candy corn measuring pieces...how large a slice would you like? one, two, or three candy corn pieces."

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home