Sunday, October 10, 2004

America's Worst and Best Christians

I love self-described "bad Christian" Anne Lamott. You can sometimes hear her as a commentator on NPR or read her essays at Salon.com. My first introduction to her was through the book Traveling Mercies. If you've had the experience of staggering your way to Jesus, you might want to check her out. I find her to be a model of 21st century ,"Jesusey" both/and thinking. And she likes Joyce Meyer who I like for her ability to preach against the culture of victimhood.

But for the model of America's self-proclaimed "Best Christian," you'll need to check out Betty Bowers, who is "so close to Jesus He brings people back from the dead just so she can have the last word." I'm especially fond of some of her political observations-- she believes George W. Bush is a homo (if you follow the link, make sure you click on the action item at the bottom to see her letter of concern to the preseident) and obtained a copy of the true homosexual agenda. Her gift shop is fun, too.


2 Comments:

Blogger terrette said...

I have nothing of substance to add, but I enjoyed this post and its links, thanks.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Troy said...

You're welcome terrette. Thanks for popping by.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home