Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Wednesday Weigh Down and Jennie's Wedding

Mom was down a pound. Dad was up a 1/2 a pound. And while I think Don't Ask Don't Tell is a horrible policy for the military, it is exactly the one my sister and I want for our role in this contest. At this point I'm begging either mom or dad to just reach their goal already so I don't have to post on this subject every week. I knew doing the online thing was a failure curse. But I can tell you that mom and dad look great and seem to be pretty active.

I was home this weekend for Jennie's (Trimandfashionable) wedding. We had a great time, and of course with our family and friends that means the food was good. I hope to post pictures from the wedding when Jenny sends me some. Julie, Jennie's sister (aka Gunstream Girl) was supposed to be taking pictures with her mom's camera, but she really needed to be doing Maid of Honor stuff so I took over for her. All of this means I took pictures of things I hope to post on my blog later because I forgot my camera.

The wedding was very pretty, flowers and Jennie were beautiful. And Jennie who is very organized had the service down to about 20 minutes. But poor thing, she told me her makeup artist didn't show up! This after they had done two "trial runs" earlier. And to make matters worse, when Jenny opened her shoe box the morning or her wedding, there were no shoes there! But you would never know any of that was happening if she didn't tell you. It all looked good from where I sat.


5 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Troy--it was so good to see you and John. I posted about 30 or so pics on my blog...I know they aren't the ones you took, but you are more than welcome to them. I am so glad I don't have to do a weekly weigh down. Yikes!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Troy said...

Thanks Stacy and CD for permission to steal. I can't wait to look at them.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once had a similar situation. I was going to a friend's weddding out of town when I opened up my shoebox, and found chukka boots instead of my heels. Yikes! One emergency shoe shopping trip later and I was good to go. It is amazing how fast you can pick out shoes when a wedding is starting in 20 minutes.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Imagine how I felt when I had to stand in for the maid of honor at a recent wedding. I hadn't had a gown on in years! And heels? Forget about it.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I had no idea about the MIA makeup artist and shoes! I can't wait until Jennie is back to posting to fill us in on the details.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home