Monday, June 05, 2006

Poppies


Poppy Field
Originally uploaded by Troy Smythe.
We Do Too. opens on Thursday, so my blog posts this week will likely be pretty shallow. I'm trying not to freak even though a lot has to get done before the opening. Fortunately I have the best people in the business working with me, including John who did all of the electrical wiring for the gallery. What a gift he is.

As a way of de-stressing I stopped by this field of poppies the other day, which is in a neighborhood near our house. They bloom this way every year, and I'm always amazed by them. The neighborhood where they are is kind of rough, but the poppies remind me that there is beauty, joy and thoughtfulness there. We should never let ourselves be fooled into thinking otherwise.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home