Friday, May 12, 2006

Ambrose and Ian--Celebrating 54 Years Together


Ambrose and Ian
Originally uploaded by Troy Smythe.


From Bloomberg via PageoneQ

Pope Condemns Same-Sex Marriages, Describes Gay Love as `Weak'

May 11 (Bloomberg) -- Pope Benedict XVI denounced gay and civil unions, saying marriage between people of the same sex is ``weak.''

``Only the foundation of complete and irrevocable love between man and woman is capable of forming the basis of a society that becomes the home of all men,'' Benedict told a convention of the John Paul II Pontifical Institute today. The pope said ``confusing marriage with other types of weak love'' should be avoided.

"Weak love," is that what they're calling love that manages to stay together for 50+ years despite the absence of legal, societal and often family support these days?

Ambrose and Ian live in Indianapolis. They are part of the upcoming photography exhibition I'm putting together. I'd like to see Pope "I've never been married, but I know everything about it" Benedict XVI make his statement to their face.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Ambrose and Ian are totally adorable! We can't wait for your show!

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, talk about love/hate...happy/sad. Ambrose and Ian make me smile, Benedicts comments infuriate me. What does he know? What has he experienced? I guess he'll never know love...and most of all, that's really sad.

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What joy! 54 years together is wonderful!

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home