Thursday, September 01, 2005

GrowingSense is a Year Old Today


It's been exactly one year since I created my own blog. To be honest, GrowingSense started so I could comment on someone else's blog. September of 2004 was a politically active time and I was tired of not being part of the national conversation .

I had no clue how addictive blogging would be. As the complex, frustrating and frequently confusing political events of the past year unfolded I desperately needed a place to float out my perspectives for the sake of finding support and sometimes balance for my ideas.

GrowingSense has been a bizarre (to me at least) mix of politics, faith, and daily life--not unlike a million other blogs. If anything makes it unique it is the mixture of people who I know read it regularly. While folks may or may not share my perspective, GrowingSense nevertheless is made up of beloved people, some whom I've known for decades and others for just a few years. I've been told I have regular readers whom I've never even met (hope to change that when I can).

It is the present moment's connection to the lives of all of these people-- my friends, family, and even strangers, that I find so powerful. In a lot of ways blogging has been kind of like praying- - a way of pouring out my heart to God either in celebration, fear, or frustration. The fact that I drag you with me through it all seems to be right in line with the nature of my faith, or at least with my tendency to make any issue ultimately about me.

So thanks, for hanging tough through the rants and the raves, the weeks of no posting and the occassional meaningless post. Thanks for sharing yourself whether it is through your comments or simply your silent attention. Your presence here gives GrowingSense its soul. Don't know how long it will be around, but I'm grateful for the life it's had so far.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a excellent blog. Keep it going. This may be of interest to you; archdiocese of los angeles in respect to info on archdiocese of los angeles

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Troy,
This was a beautiful tribute.
Happy Birthday, GrowingSense, from one of your most faithful readers.
:)

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Troy,
It has been a joy. Thanks for the wonderful year...look forward to more. I would have to say that my favorite photo is the one of John in the giant bird's nest at Winterthur. I'm a visual guy so I really dig the pictures.
Congrats my friend,
David

8:31 PM  
Blogger Troy said...

Jennie--thanks, and you know I read Trimandfashionable as much or more than the political blogs. It is a lot more entertaining and hopeful.

Ben--what doesn't kill us (in Texas) makes us stronger. You're a brave man.

David--you would not believe the trouble I had getting John to pose in that birdnest, but isn't he cute in it? He was afraid someone would walk by. That's the diffference between him and me in a nutshell. I was HOPING they would.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home