Monday, August 22, 2005

Takin' It to the Street


New Sidewalks
Originally uploaded by Troy Smythe.
Today the city finished putting new sidewalks in front of our house. Since the shaping and smoothing seemed to be the most artistic part of the process I asked the guys doing the trowel work if I could take their picture. They were all about it. In fact, the guy standing up was about half a block away, but he came running when I whipped the camera out. He was the crew supervisor so he made sure to act like he was bossing the other guys around. I think he thought it was funnier than they did.

Anyway, it was good to catch a glimpse of our tax dollars at work. And the crew did an amazing job. I thought about getting their names, but with their boss there it didn't seem to be that kind of party.


Smooth
Originally uploaded by Troy Smythe.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home