Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Summer Radio Songs


It is beautiful out today--sunny and warm. I was driving with the windows down listening to Pete Townsend's Let My Love Open the Door, which I believe is a quintessential summer radio song. Two questions came to mind.

1. What makes a great summer radio song?


2. What are quintessential summer radio songs?


My answers:

To question 1:
Instantly recognizable intro. Must remind me of summers in jr. high, high school and college when life was at its most carefree (even though I was slaving away as a carry out boy at Town and Country grocery store). And it must make me smile.

To question 2:
Aside from LMLOTD,
The Manhattan's Shining Star
Steven Winwood's While You See a Chance
Gap Band's Early in the Morning
The Kinks' Come Dancing
Eurythmics Right By Your Side
The Cars Magic or Shake it Up
Kenny Loggins' I'm Alright (theme from Caddyshack)
Delite's Groove is the Heart
U2's Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

I never said I have good taste in music. Still, this list could go forever! I'll stop there.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summer Breeze by Seals and Crofts
Hot Fun In the Summertime by Sly and the Family Stone

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sally,
love your choices...hey troy, how about Starland Vocal Band's "Afternoon Delight."

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home