Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Coolest Shopping Site



I'm kind of interested in creative ways of presenting data--and when the data represent retail merchandise I'm REALLY interested. Etsy.com is a shopping/selling community sited in an online funhouse. You can shop by color, creating fun designs as you go; by geographic location; or by newest item with the "time machine." Has everybody seen this but me?

Speaking of time, about the picture above from the Etsy blog:

This is an image of all the items listed during the 24 hours of November 6, 2005. Click for a big version to see just how detailed it is (2mb JPEG file). Items are arranged organically around a circle representing all 24 hours of the day. Follow the blue line from any item to the center to determine precisely what time of day that item was listed. The slowest time of day is the notch towards the bottom while the busiest listing activity seemed to be around 10 or 11 pm EST.


Hit the road mister bar graph. I like the social, creative, and fun approach to online browsing Etsy offers. Shopping doesn't always inspire personal creativity while lighting up your brain, but Etsy do.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is way cool...each item a surprise...it's all new to me and I'm the shopping queen.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!
This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I've already found SEVERAL things I want to purchase.
Thanks so much for sharing.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home