Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Late Winter into Early Spring

We're gettin' there. Cold and rainy days duke it out with mild, sunny ones. Tulips, hyacinths, and daffodils poke their leaves and even a few buds up. The cantaloupe colored sun sets around 7:00 p.m.! To help things along I ditched the late winter decorations and "put out the Easter".


Easter Buffet
Originally uploaded by Troy Smythe.




Rabbit lineup
Originally uploaded by Troy Smythe.

My favorite Easter rabbit is the one in the green overalls. He looks bored.

Lenten services remind me that this is about the time of year when John and I met. There is a lot of hope. Even if gray days are ahead, I think I can make it to May.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Gawd you're good!

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the bunny with the pink egg. You should check out Cute Overload, they have lots of animals pictures that are, well cute!

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I picked some hyacinths in Batesville this weekend for a centerpiece at lunch (we ate on paper plates - that seems funny to me, but Mom requested flowers), and they were AMAZING. The smell could never grow old to me.

I must confess that I didn't make it over to your parents' house. I am SO very sorry. I talked to your mom at the shower about it and she said not to worry about coming over because you could walk her through it over the phone. If it would help I could type up some instructions??

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home