Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Mall Observations

Sneering is never attractive, but it is an especially bad look for people with pronounced overbites.

A boy about 11-years old with a generally disinterested look on his face voluntarily held open the swinging trash can flap for me when I had to dump my tray at the food court.

A few religious traditions require that women wear long skirts, or skorts, and that they never cut their hair. Some of these women like to glam up and wear sequins, big curls, flashy jewelry, high heels, even furs. They face some of the same fashion challenges that drag queens do.

Three grown men in suits looking out of a 2nd floor window as they ate lunch made fun of a woman for talking to Santa Claus as he got into the backseat of a Cadillac.

The breadstick I had at lunch was the most garlicky thing I’ve ever eaten. I believe the scent it left with me and the fact that I was a nearly 40-year old man standing in the girls’ section of Hollister looking for clothing for my niece kind of freaked the sales girl out.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Troy,
I love your idea here of writing random observations...it's light, it's fun, it satisfies the voyeur(sp) in all of us.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's nothing I like to see more than a lady with long hair/skirt and flare!!

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home