Wednesday, November 01, 2006

New to Me Blogs

If you look to the right of your screen you'll see the blogs that I frequent. And towards the bottom of the list are three blogs that I've started reading regularly.

Meandering Mango belongs to my friend Karen, with whom I work, and in fact, without whom I would not be working, at least not on such a regular basis. Karen and I literally stare at each other all day. Her cube faces mine. It is so fun to work that close to a good friend. Karen is another Broadway person. She's hilarious, creative and tells a great story, so I was thrilled when she started her own blog.

No Exit belongs to my friend Jennie's friend David, whom I've never met. At least I don't think I've met him, unless he was at her last Lincoln Party. Anyway, for some reason I started popping over to his neck of the online woods and kept going back. Someone who lets whatever is rattling around inside pop out, he also is not afraid to let his values show. David also has the distinction of being the closest I've come to meeting someone who got an essay for the NPR radio series This I Believe.

Adam in Chiner is actually just the link name for my Batesville friend Adam's blog: Digressions from the Middle Kingdom (too long a name for my blog roll, which I prefer to keep neat). "Chiner" is the way Adam's mom, Mary, pronounces China, which is where Adam lives and works. Mary is from Virginia and we've been making fun of the way she says things for years, so I don't think she would be any more offended than usual that I used her pronunciation in my link. I think Adam was born around a campfire because he treasures a good story more than just about anybody I know. And since China may not keep its great firewall open all that long, you should take advantage of checking into Adam's blog while you can.


6 Comments:

Blogger juliebelle said...

hooray for them all! thanks for the tip. :)

6:45 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Troy! Of course, now I'm going to go crazy with all of the pressure to keep my blog up-to-date and freshy fresh.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea you and Karen worked together! What do the two of you do?

1:13 PM  
Blogger Troy said...

Karen and I are food stylists for a local commercial real estate company.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Don Bryant said...

feel free to read my blog Watching From the Rafters, on this very channel.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Troy said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere Don! If anyone ever needed to blog it is you. Can't wait to check out the Rafters.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home