Tuesday, November 07, 2006

VOTE!

Today may be discussed as just one more day in a blue or red America, but I don't see it that way. Election Day is when we are ALL allowed to be our most patriotic selves. Privately expressing our agreements and differences in a voting booth is an oddly unifying experience.

So grab your umbrella and go vote. If you live in Indiana, take your driver's license or some other photo ID. If you don't know where to vote, , The Star has a voters' guide.

Now a message from the paranoid person in me--watch for any voting impropriety. There are a lot folks with a lot too lose in the U. S. today. If your voting machine (especially if you have to use a touch screen) does not work properly, stick around and raise holy hell until you are satisfied that your vote is accurately recorded.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be paranoid Troy. I had a fancy touch screen, and it worked great! Happy Voting Day!

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a touch screen as well...It worked marvelously and it gave me an opportunity at the end to review all of my answers before I hit the go button. Apparently the touch screens were only used for early voting because J had a paper ballot this morning.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home